Friday, March 13, 2009

Pegasus
 
Oh pegasus, pegasus, where can you be? 
 Why did you fly away from me?  
With coal black eyes, that shine so bright, 
And feathered wings for graceful flight..
Up in the sky, so clear and blue,
I've always had a love for you..
In childhood dreams you always came,
You soothed my soul with your silken mane,
Your wings so soft beneath my hands,
We'd fly away to distant lands.
Among the clouds we both would soar,
I thought you were mine forevermore..
But the day came when you took to flight,
I'd search in my dreams for you each night.
But I could never find my friend,
My childhood dreams came to an end...
The mythical creatures that once flew free,
Finally flew away from me.
Oh pegasus, pegasus, where can you be?
Why did you fly away from me?
 
©2002 Caroline R Harmke

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic poem/song, it has its own beat. There is an answer to the question asked. Mythical beasts come when they are needed, you have become strong enough, he will returned when you need him again.

    Giz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Caroline.

    I hope you are doing well my dear friend. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    Love Renee xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do help make it better Caroline. You really do. oxoxo

    Love you. How are you? I hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fellow Aries, I should have known.

    Kisses xxx and hugs ooo.

    Love Renee

    ReplyDelete