Monday, January 26, 2009

What should it be?

I have never been able to title this poem.  Any suggestions?



There was a dream that came to me,
With golden stars in clear black skies,
And angelfish in sapphire seas.
The bright moon shining in their eyes.
 


Tidal pools with little crabs,
Ever silent in their quest,
White tigers running wild and free,
Stopping now and then to rest.
 

The sun was rising in the bay,
Reflections dancing on the shore.
I heard a soft voice gently say,
I'll be with you, forevermore.
 
I turned to see, from where it came,
This gentle voice within my ear,
And as I did, it called  my name..
I saw my angel sitting there.
 
It did not have that classic glow,
Of golden angels we long to meet,
Eyes bright as gems, hair white as snow,
With ragged clothes and calloused feet.
 
It  must have stood about four feet tall,
This little white haired entity,
As I looked at it  in awe,
It  suddenly smiled up at me.
 
A smile that warmed me deep inside,
I felt it entering my heart..
As I awakened from my dream I cried,
For fear that it would soon depart.
 
But then I realized the truth,
Of what was really meant to be.
This angel that I dreamed about,
Would always be right there with me.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline -- I love your poem, you write beautifully.

    I am totally stumped for a title. xoxoox

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, I just saw that you had a song on here. I love the song and you sang it beautifully. xoxo

    Love Renee

    ReplyDelete