Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dark Dreams


You know, sometimes you meet people who really have an impact on your life.  I've had the opportunity to meet and love some very special people who have changed my life forever.  Unfortunately, they all have had one thing in common..A very dark demon called cancer.  This past year, I've lost two of those who touched not only my life, but my heart..And have met the most amazing woman who will be forever in my heart and thoughts.  

She is the daughter of one of those that lost his life to the demon this year, and amazingly, she too has cancer. Terminal, yes, but a living, breathing, feeling person.  Terminal means the disease will win, not that one is already dead.  She is articulate, fascinating, emotional, intelligent, and I am so honored to call her and her family MY extended family.  

Renee is my inspiration.  She has a blog on here called Circling My Head that is absolutely amazing and very frank about her own battle with Inflamatory Breast Cancer (IBC) and she's helped me become so strong!  I love you, Renee!  This is for you and Henri and Joseph too.

Dark Dreams

Dreams of dark forboding beasts,
Running thru my mind,
Crawling deep within my soul,
My spirit yet to find..

I crouch and hide within myself,
Afraid of what will come..
The shadows overcomming me,
I try to flee and run.

But there is nowhere I can go,
That I can not be found.
My spirit slowly turns to see,
Another tear fall down.

A tear for loss, and one for pain,
And one for selfishness..
To have to say goodbye again,
For those that I will miss.

But I will fight this darkened beast,
Until my days are done.
Along beside my sweet dear friends,
Although they may be gone.

And I will do my best to win,
The war they couldn't fight.
I'll kick and scream, claw and punch,
To fill that beast with fright.

I'll chase him into the unknown,
No mercy will there be.
And only when hes dead and gone,
I will finally be free.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://oneworldoneheart.typepad.com/one_worldone_heart/

    Caroline I have lost my comment like three times. Anyway the above is a site where there are about 400 artists giving their stuff away in draws till Feb 12th for one heart one world, the trick is you have to have a blog, and now you do.

    Now for something more serious. I love this post and I know that my Dad would be happy that we are now great friends.

    Your poem is so true and it shows how you know the heart of the matter. You listened when we talked and I also know that you are empathetic. Thank you.

    For your comment on my post today, I am glad that you used the word 'today'. As in you feel this way today, knowing it doesn't mean I will feel like this tomorrow.

    Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete